[3830] CQWW SSB W4ZW SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W4ZW SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 20:23:28 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W4ZW
Operator(s): W4ZW
Station: W4ZW

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:
   80:
   40:  101    18       57
   20:   74    21       47
   15:  109    18       53
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Soapbox: Operated while working on antenna feed lines, trouble shooting rotor,
and getting gear ready for the CW contests.  Man, SSB gives me a headache if I
listen for more than an hour at a time.

My SteppIR has finally developed a problem after almost eight years of trouble
free service (better than the aluminum yagis).  I think one motor is either
intermittent or not working properly since the reverse feature has a very
different SWR than the forward.  I plan on taking it down and pulling a full
service on it, new fiberglass tubes, etc.  This ocean corrodes everything over
time, but the SteppIR has lasted the longest of any antenna Iâ??ve had up
oceanfront here in the last 15 years.  I usually have to change out the feed
lines every 18-30 months when the SWR starts getting really good no matter
where I am in the band.

Almost all S&P and many low power Qâ??s with the TS-2000 I have here by my desk
computer where Iâ??m programming Sky Command for the school club.