[3830] RTTY Roundup K4RO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4ro.tcg@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup K4RO Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 04:05:26 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 20
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  471
   40:  353
   20:  298
   15:   59
   10:    4
------------
Total: 1185  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 54  Total Score = 130,350

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

A nasty head cold kept my operation to 20 hours, plus I operated at strange
times (like 0300 local) when the non-stop sneezing kept me awake all night.
Operating the contest was a lot more fun than watching TV.

I unknowingly operated the first 38 minutes on 20 meters, but with the NW
Beverage selected. The power connection to my (usually bright blinking red)
Beverage antenna indicator failed. Talk about an alligator! Very sorry to
whomever was underneath me during that period of time. I really was not
firing on all cylinders this weekend, mentally or otherwise.

Non-stop activity pretty much around the clock. Who could ask for more?
I worked every state except for North Dakota, which I never heard.

I noted in NT6X's writeup that he worked PSK31. Until I re-read the
rules, I didn't realize this was not just a RTTY contest. Is it common
to work modes other than RTTY? I wonder if I am missing out on a lot
of QSOs by not working the other digital modes?

Happy New Year to all of my contesting pals world wide.

73  Kirk  K4RO