[3830] RTTY Roundup VY2SS Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vy2ss@bellaliant.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup VY2SS Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 04:07:28 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: VY2SS
Operator(s): VY2SS
Station: VY2SS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: PEI
Operating Time (hrs): 18.5

------------
   80:  416
   40:    3
   20:  630
   15:   16
   10:    0
------------
Total: 1065  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 45  Total Score = 106,500

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Single K3, Tribander and verticals.

The contest started in a big wind storm that became a huge wind storm.
Wind gusts to 100 klm. I lost my 40M vertical very early in the contest
but did well on 20 and 80 on Saturday. Sunday morning I found my yagi
was iced up and the SWR was very high and the amp kept kicking out.
I tried to warm the antenna with with some RF from the amp at 500W and
eventually popped the balun. Why do I always find out something is stupid
right after I do it? The yagi still worked on LP so I was at 100W on
20 and 15 all day Sunday. My 160M antenna blew away too. It is probably
next door under the snow.
I finished about 10% below my last year score.
Thanks to everyone in my log and good luck in 2010.

-Robby