[3830] ARRLDX CW P49V M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ai6v@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW P49V M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 13:11:38 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: P49V
Operator(s): AI6V, K6RC
Station: P49V

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Aruba
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  308    54
   80:  604    58
   40: 1301    58
   20:  950    58
   15: 1131    59
   10: 1111    57
-------------------
Total: 5405   344  Total Score = 5,576,928

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Band Conditions were awesome with 10 and 15 playing very well considering the
sun spot count and reports of "poor" conditions.  We had super 10 mtr opening
on the 1st Day and good conditions the 2nd day.  K6RC Dave came down and we
were able to operate together in Aruba for the 1st time since 1999 and had a
very good time together.  We did better in the contest than we have ever done.
We set the record in 1995 and did a higher score this time.  It turns out that
2 "EXTREMELY GOOD CW OPS" did Multi single from my old station and kicked our
butts. :-( Our hats are off to their effort which was about 800 Q's higher than
ours with 6.5M score.
Dave says he had a very good operating time here and had good band conditions
to work with  Thanks to Carl & Sue for hosting.  "It's good to get back on the
island".
The normal after contest dinner gave us a chance to congratulate the winning
team from Aruba.  We thank everyone for their contacts.  Especially on day 1 10
meters where everyone was orderly which enabled a great breakneck speed on our
part.  It would have been nice if we didn't have so many dupes to deal with.
Maybe a computer logging system or...
Thanks again
73
Carl & Dave