[3830] ARRLDX SSB W9RE SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w9re@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W9RE SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 09:13:56 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W9RE
Operator(s): W9RE
Station: W9RE

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 44
Radios: SO2R

  160:   35    28
   80:  139    63
   40:  815    95
   20: 1273   105
   15:  459    84
   10:   39    13
-------------------
Total: 2760   388  Total Score = 3,164,916

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Kept thinking of what of what one station said in their soapbox after the CW
running-this may be the last time I do a full time effort in this one.

Since I had all antenna repairs done for cw and nothing broke in between I was
forced to put in a full effort in this one as you don't know what will happen
in the future (antenna wise).

First time in this one for my new 40 OWA stack and it played pretty good (was
sick last year).  Unfortunately the added portion on 40 has just shifted the
chaos from 7010-7100 to 7120-7200.  Had to wait until 0700z to run on 40,
earlier was fruitless.

I had my s9 noise on 160 full time this weekend that really limited me on 160
and a little bit on 80.  The noise is to the NE but I did manage to work a few
Europeans listening in other directions.  Never ran on 80.

Too bad 15 was marginal or that would have helped 20 meters from the wall to
wall QRM.

9 hours over 100 and the best (138) was on 40!  No really good hour.

Thanks for all the Q's and conditions on 15 and 10 have to get better for next
year.