[3830] WPX CW M9X(G4MKP) SOAB(TS) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, terryburbidge@blueyonder.co.uk
Subject: [3830] WPX CW M9X(G4MKP) SOAB(TS) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 03:59:12 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: M9X
Operator(s): G4MKP
Station: M9X

Class: SOAB(TS) HP
QTH: Dorridge
Operating Time (hrs): 33

------------
  160:    0
   80:  145
   40:  921
   20:  831
   15:  130
   10:  210
------------

Club:

Comments:

If it can go wrong it will. And it did....
- 80' mast (only mast) collapsed 10 hrs prior to contest start
- Antenna band switching failed
- Unbelievably, one Acom 2000 failed (of course it didn't, I screwed up the
RS232 wiring!)
- Local vandal(s) cut the A3S coax and rotator cable prior to start - and we
live in Solihull!
However, when you have Callum (M0MCX) and James (M0YOM) on the back-up team it
would need to get a lot worse than this to spoil our fun. I simply ask Callum
to make me something and he does and ask James to mend something and it's
fixed. Thanks men.
Without aid of the cluster I had no idea how bad conditions were until reading
the 3830 comments. I thought it was just me.
Thanks to the contest organisers (Randy will have some fun with the LCRs after
this little lot) and you guys for the Qs.

Cheers,

Terry
G4MKP