[3830] NCCC Sprint WI2E LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, joseph.obrien@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint WI2E LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 20:16:59 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jul 2

Call: WI2E
Operator(s): WI2E
Station: WI2E

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Bethlehem, PA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.33
Radios: SO2R

  160:   0      0
   80:  12      9
   40:   9      9
   20:   7      5
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  28     23  Total Score = 644

Club:

Comments:

The score doesn't reflect it, but this was one of my better outings. I missed
most of the first 10 minutes due to an SWR problem that waited until the
starting gun to emerge.

I now have two K9AY arrays (well, 1/2 and 1/4-sized versions to fit in the
suburban lot), and it really helped my RX, especially on the second radio.
This is the first time in a non-dupe event that I pretty much worked a steady
flow of QSOs.  I'm also using switchable dipoles on 20M & a short dipole on 40M
now (still the inverted-L on 80M), and I think that's helping--it sure did
during FD. Still, plenty of room to improve--in particular, adapting to
Win-Test/reducing the QLF--but this was an encouraging night for me.

Thanks to all for the QSOs. I'm definitely looking forward to the next ladder.
Congratulations to the leaders.  Great work.

73,

Joe
WI2E