[3830] CQWW SSB WW0AL SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Ashton.R.Lee@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB WW0AL SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 17:23:50 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: WW0AL
Operator(s): WW0AL
Station: WW0AL

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Colorado
Operating Time (hrs): 35

  160:   22     6       10
   80:   70    17       32
   40:   74    21       34
   20:  266    28       79
   15:  183    26       60
   10:   46     7        8
------------------------------
Total:  661   105      223  Total Score = 560,880

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

First outing with my new legal limit amp, and with a directional antenna. That
and a little propagation really helps.

I melted the traps in my Mosley mini beam on Thursday evening tuning up the new
amp... so I put together a 3 band wire moxon supported by fishing poles... which
worked much better than the Mosley. So Moxons on 10-15-20, phased verticals on
40, and wire verticals on 80 and 160 (inverted L).

Lost over an hour Friday night to computer interface glitches, and some time to
storms Saturday night... but otherwise all radio and just a bit if sleep.

Good fun... especially in the very brief opening on 10 meters where I believe I
spoke to most of the hams in South America.