[3830] CQWW SSB N2RJ SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rjairam@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N2RJ SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 17:23:55 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N2RJ
Operator(s): N2RJ
Station: N2RJ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NNJ
Operating Time (hrs): 19

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    0     0        0
   40:  245    16       65
   20:  314    26       80
   15:  154    15       62
   10:   36     5       12
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Couldn't really do a full effort but I was hoping for more op time.
Unfortunately we had a few things here that I had to take care of, and some of
those things happened during the peak times when I could have had pretty good
rates. Oh well, such is life.  Hoping to do a full 48 or close to for CW
though.

Very little time for station prep, and it showed. I had fun though, and that's
what matters! But I am hoping to do some of my antenna work soon to get my
station fully up and running.

I didn't have an antenna up for 80 because I took it down during the summer to
do some other work and then we got busy with some personal stuff so the station
had to take a back seat.

Anyway, back to the contest.  I was stuck on 40 for Friday night, S&P'ed the
usual suspects, went until about 0600z and then went to sleep a bit, got up,
had to run a few errands then got back around 1100z.  20 meters was wall to
wall, but 15 was open so I went up and S&P'ed then ran a bit.

40 was a great band for running later but unfortunately I had to leave and run
a few more errands again after I had a pretty decent run.  There were a few
jammers but I ignored them all and they went away. Some guy even thought it was
funny to hold his mic open while his dog was barking. Well, whatever. Ignore 'em
and they go away!

20 on Sunday was nice for gathering up mults. I picked up quite a few of the
Asian mults which I previously did not do. 10 was in decent shape both days but
I didn't really do much on 10 since I was concentrating on running 20/15/40.  I
just gathered a few transequatorial mults and that was it.

Anyway, part time effort, so a lower score than I wanted. But I'm happy with
the small effort I made. Maybe next year I'll do a full effort for SSB.

One big improvement I did have at my station this year was a foot switch.  I
really enjoyed being hands free for logging while contesting!  I don't know
just how I didn't get along without it before!

Thanks for all the Q's!

73
Ryan, N2RJ