[3830] TARA RTTY K4GMH Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4gmh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] TARA RTTY K4GMH Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 20:38:09 -0800
                    TARA RTTY Melee

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  116
   40:  152
   20:  193
   15:   91
   10:    0
------------
Total:  552  State/Prov = 46  Countries = 42  Total Score = 48,576

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to TARA for sponsoring the Contest.  Nice number of new calls (at least
to me) showed up in the Contest.

Thanks to all who were kind enough to work me.  Appreciate all the help with
getting the correct information exchanged, especially on 80/40.

Bands seemed to be average.  However, did find a problem on the lower bands.

Something is wrong with the ant. system on 80/40.  Sporadicly a white noise
would show up when transmitting on either band.  The symptom is, while
transmitting on 80 m with the noise heard in the 40 m receiver, sometimes the
noise would stop and the 40 m signals seemed louder. My guess is there is a
errant relay in the 40 m portion of the ant. system.   Unfortunately have a
number of relays that will need to be checked and its cold outside:>(

  73,
  Mike, K4GMH