[3830] ARRL 10 W0BH SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W0BH SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 21:06:03 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 6

   CW:  207    32
  SSB:  142    23
-------------------
Total:  349    55  Total Score = 61,160

Club:

Comments:

Rotor down for repairs, beams both stuck west, main amp in the shop, #2 amp only
putting out 250 watts .. W0BH not quite 100% this weekend!  I put a 10m Ringo
vertical on the roof which helped, but for obvious reasons, I didn't put in a
full effort this year.

Friday night was FL, CA, and AZ and the occasional XE (fun with the new mults).
 I gradually filled in the southern part of the US on Saturday, but didn't work
a thing northwest, north, or northeast of Kansas until Sunday afternoon when
the band finally opened a bit.  I couldn't turn the beam to get to the DX I did
hear and they couldn't seem to hear me on any antenna, so just called CQ for the
most part and made sure Kansas was out there for folks to find (especially on
CW).  I worked a KG4, KH6, six unique XE mults (all loud) and only VE3 in
Canada.

Rates were finally 100+ the last few hours of the contest, but I had to leave
for over an hour during the peak opening.  I hope the bands (and W0BH) are in
better shape next year.

I'll be on for the RAC Winter Contest with the same reduced setup and perhaps
one Hesston College student who enjoyed Sweepstakes so much that he already
passed his Tech exam.

In case I miss you in the RAC, Happy Holidays to all!

73, Bob, w0bh