[3830] CQ160 CW K4RO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4ro@k4ro.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K4RO Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 06:59:05 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 13

Total:  QSOs = 846  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 31  Total Score = 198,648

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Lots of fun. 99% of my time was spent running; very little S&P operation.
It felt like conditions to Europe were better the first night, but it
was noisier. The second night was a bit quieter here in Tennessee.
We had a break in the weather, so Friday and Saturday were spent up
the tower and tromping through the woods, tweaking the antennas for
the next round of contests. More work scheduled for today.

Worked all 50 states, and missed LB, NB, NU, NWT, and YT in Canada.
I can only imagine how popular an entry from one of those areas might
be, if the aurora doesn't take them out. Thanks to KL7RA and K7ARJ
for making WAS possible. This is a great contest for learning how to
hold a run frequency. There are lots of opportunities for practice. :-)

Thanks for the QSOs, and CU in the Sprint and ARRL DX Contests.

73,

Kirk K4RO