[3830] CQ160 CW PC5M Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pc5m@pc5m.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW PC5M Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 00:51:15 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: PC5M
Operator(s): PC5M, PA3AUC, PA3CQE, PA3DSB
Station: PC5M

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 23

Total:  QSOs = 1011  State/Prov = 41  Countries = 71  Total Score = 668,000

Club:

Comments:

Nice contest with reasonable condx, second night better than first night.
Building up our "field-day" style setup went very good, all systems had a
go...Antenna and HPA was doing well so we went for a beer waiting to
start...after returning to the shack the first DIT resulted in a big bang ...
$#%!...after many fuses blown, tweaking, etc  it turned out that someone must
have stumbled outside over the TX antenna connection :-(, after fixing that the
party could start.

All toy's seemed to work fine, although we still are not convinced on our k9ay
loop (needs some more attention in summer time...). Managed to get some decent
US runs and able to keep our frequency clear in the EU crowd.

Second night we lost (again) our PA but this time more serious: somewhere a
short in the 3 fase transformer...so after 07:00 we have been running QRP.
Biggest thrill: calling CO and CA states (W6DF and AA0RS) with only 100W...good
ears !

See you next year with new power :-)