[3830] CQ160 CW S55M Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, s55m@siol.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW S55M Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 00:53:46 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: S55M
Operator(s): S55M
Station: S55M

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: JN65XM
Operating Time (hrs): 29h57m

Total:  QSOs = 1258  State/Prov = 34  Countries = 71  Total Score = 758,100

Club: Belokranjec Contest Club

Comments:

No activity from Croatia this year (9A8WW@9A1P) because of sickness problem of
Dave 9A1UN and lack of my time. So the decision was made to work from a 1028m
ASL hilltop location of our local club, wich is normally used for VHF
activities.
Last minute antenna mounting on friday afternoon with wind gusts over 100km/h
and heavy iceing.
Manage to put up only 1/4 of K8UR sloopers (only direction north).
Great TX antenna if you have some 150 ft high suporting structure.
Would need another one for east direction but mother nature always rulez :)
NO RX antenae because of terrible weather (in 2008 i've mounted beverages in
similar conditions but the ice was to heavy and wire didn't resist it's
weight).
At times I felt sorry that I did "keyclick" modification to my FT1000MP :).
Without Beverages recieving in overcrowded EU band was really a nightmare.
The ice was constantly picking on the antenna wire and the resonance went lower
and lower during both nights so had to use the ATU to preserve life of my TX
equipment and clean off the ice next morning :(
NA opener on first evening was, as always, VY2ZM. The strongest persistent
signal from USA was K1LZ.
Highlights: Working XE1RCS,YE1C,PJ2T and (believe it or not) EA9EU because of
his tiny signal. Thanks guys!
Hrd but not wkd: J28AA,HI3TEJ,K0HA (called him for 30 mins on sunday mornig,
but always get his CQ in my face:) )
In spite of everything I am satisfied with the result.
Special thanks to Marjan S59SM who climbed the 150ft tower in almost impossible
conditions, and to my xyl Sonja S53GO for endless support in my hobby.
Congrats to E7DX for their remarkable score from this part of EU!
Thank you all for contacts and CU next year.

Adi
S55M