[3830] MnQP K0RC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0rc@citlink.net
Subject: [3830] MnQP K0RC Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 19:01:40 -0800
                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: K0RC
Operator(s): K0RC
Station: K0RC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CHS
Operating Time (hrs): 10.0

  160:      12        0
   80:      90       47
   40:     103        4
   20:      83      121
   15:       0        0
   10:       0        0
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
-------------------------
Total:     288      172  Mults = 97  Total Score = 89,240

Club:

Comments:

I have about 50 more Q's this year but the score is down about 500 points
(before log checking). I couldn't hear the mobiles as well as I did last year.
My MN county mults are down from 63 to 51. That's also reflected in the MN QSO
count dropping from 162 to 148 this year. But the REAL reason is last year all
422 contacts were CW and this year with the points being the same, I decided to
make an effort to find the SSB button on my radio. This decision shifted my time
away from the mobile activity and with the 2 points per Phone QSO now, it
appears that change in scoring almost "leveled it out" for my final score.

The top 5 states outside MN were GA, WI, NY, FL, and TN. Georgia topped the
list last year as well but other states shuffled around in second to fifth
places. I worked NH7O three times but no AK. The entire west coast was "way
down in numbers" for me. The final count was 45 states (no DC) and a VE3 and
VE7 only. Rod, KE0A provided my only ND contact on 40m CW.

The top 5 counties were HEN, RAM, WSH, ANO, and WIN. Last year it was HEN, RAM,
WSH, DOU, and STL.

The top 5 mobiles were N0IJ(5), N0PI(5), K0PC(4), N0UR(4) and W0ZQ(4) this
year.

Here's how the MWA Roster stacked up this year (How many QSOs with MWA members
per band):

160m 4 Qs
80m 47 Qs
40m 30 Qs
20m 12 Qs
15m 0
10m 0

The MWA members appear in my log 80 times on CW and 13 times on Phone.

And of course I have at least one N1L in my log, thanks to a certain Michigan
station who persisted in calling me until I relented!

73 de Bob - KÃ?RC in MN