[3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@att.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 19:46:40 -0800
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Feb 11

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 0:14

  160:   0      0
   80:  12      8
   40:  10      9
   20:   0      0
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  22     17  Total Score = 374

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, 100W, dipole, zepp, inverted vee.  At 0200Z, I started trying to work
the two 5W QRP Foxes on 40M.  KV2X in NY had a good signal and I was afraid the
skip would go long if I waited until 0300Z to chase him.  He didn't answer me by
0230Z so I continued to call until I got him at 0240Z.  At 0245Z, I worked N0UR
and had both Foxes. This was to help out my Fox Team.  So, I had 14 minutes
left for NS. But, I forgot to raise the power to 100W and worked the 10
stations in 7 minutes on 40M with just 5W.  It wasn't so easy on 80 and I
quickly realized I need to raise the power to 100W, so I worked 12 stations in
7 minutes on 80M.  Glad I could give some of you GA mults.  40 seemed quite
good and not really long.  I hear NO3M with a good signal, but Ty didn't hear
my 5W signal.  On 80, I worked N6RO easily although his signal was weaker than
it usually is at this time of the year.  Lot of fun and sorry I couldn't put in
the whole time.  Thanks for the QSOs.  73, John, K4BAI.