[3830] NCCC Sprint NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 19:15:18 -0800
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Feb 18

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   3      2
   80:   8      3
   40:  18     15
   20:   1      1
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  30     21  Total Score = 630

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

I decided to practice SO2R again tonight, sorry for all
the goofs...

First my left radio was working, and I got my quick QSO
with K7SS, then I shifted my attention to the right radio
which didn't sound right, and found it was still set for
RTTY from the weekend!  Maybe I should have just worked
that big RTTY pileup on 40m again.  By the time I got it
correct, I had already missed my other 20m possibilites
of W7OM and KK7S - they were already off to 40m! I didn't
find anyone else on 20m that late (3 minutes). That
killed the 20m score...

40m was OK, with 18 QSOs and 15 Mults in 16 minutes.
Signals maybe a bit weaker than usual, but workable.

80m had all the usual west coast guys, for 8 x 3. Thanks!

I spent SIX minutes on 160m (thanks to the second radio)
and got 3 x 2. Actually for a lot of that time I was
frantically jiggling the darn intermittent headphone
cable, trying to get it solid, and hitting the CQ on
the other radio - not the smoothest operating technique!

So, with the bad start on 20m I'm not surprised my score
was down, but NS is still F-U-N! Thanks!

NN7SS Burt WA (K6UFO op)

20m-10m: C-31XR at 71ft.
40m: Force 12 Delta 240 at 78ft
80m: Half-sloper from 60ft
160m: Inverted L over metal garage roof
Two Yaesu FT-1000MPs turned down to 5 watts
Writelog software and W5XD SO2R box