[3830] ARRLDX CW K4RO SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4ro@k4ro.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K4RO SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 18:09:59 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

  160:   65    44
   80:  233    60
   40:  341    72
   20:  824    89
   15:  730    88
   10:   60    26
-------------------
Total: 2253   379  Total Score = 2,550,291

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Meant to operate more, but 36 hours was it this time. Almost tied my 46
hour effort from 2004, but not quite. Missed many of the middle-of-night
multipliers while sleeping :-). Nice conditions the first day, and not
as good the second day. Fifteen was in much better shape on the first day,
and the low bands were a bit noisier the second night. Twenty meters was
the best band from middle TN this year, but fifteen stayed open well into
Asia until the closing bell. Many QRP'ers made it into the log, including
N8ET/DU7 in the final hour. Lots of fun all weekend!

The station played better than ever. Finally re-built the IC-781 regulator
unit, which was almost as difficult as the contest. Made several other
repairs and improvements which really made the contest more enjoyable.
The improvement list keeps growing, but I'm enjoying "one dream at a time."
It's great fun to have all of the gear working well. CU in WPX!

73,

Kirk K4RO