[3830] NCCC Sprint KC0W/M QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint KC0W/M QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 19:36:55 -0800
                    NCCC Sprint - March 4

Call: KC0W/M
Operator(s): KC0W
Station: KC0W/M

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: North Dakota
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:  21
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  21     1  Total Score = 1

Club:

Comments:

Band seemed in VERY good shape so at the last minute I decided to give QRP
mobile a go. Ran a whole 5 watts in the Sprint. This is my 5th or 6th mobile
setup in my amateur "career" so everything I've learned from previous mobiles
went into the construction of this one. So far I believe it's firing on all 12
cylinders in terms of being a great mobile setup. With the recent addition of
the 900 watt solid state amplifier, the "Cow mobile" should be a force to be
reckoned with in high power 'tests.

 As usual I operated from on top of a large hill in the cow pasture. Although I
will never win any awards in the Sprint, it proves time & time again the mobile
really does work well. Thanks to V31AM for giving me a call along with all the
others.

 Just received a new Winkey today so the days of manual CW keying in 'tests
will soon be a thing of the past........HOORAY!!! Have a dedicated laptop I
will be using in the mobile loaded with N1MM. Gave the laptop it's first trial
by fire last weekend in the NAQP RTTY 'test & made just under 180 Q's from the
cow pasture.

 Always fun to play in the Sprint on Thursdays & give North Dakota to the
deserving. As stated, starting next week no more sloppy sending on my part from
a CW key miskeying because of condensation on it's contacts or from shivering
fingers on my part because I didn't warm up the vehicle before taking part in
the Sprint.

 Will see ya next week with a Sprint score complete with Mults & Total Points,
no more using my (failing) memory to keep from working dupes!!!

 Tom KC0W