[3830] NCCC Sprint K7SS QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dank7ss@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K7SS QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 21:08:33 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - March 18

Call: K7SS
Operator(s): K7SS
Station: K7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: wa
Operating Time (hrs): 1

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  93     24  Total Score = 2,232

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Decided to get on at the last minute, since my 20m Yagi is dangling off the side
of the tower, held on by rope....after flying around in a recent wind storm.

So fired up the 160 Inverted L thru the tune on 20, and then turned the rig
down to 5 watts just to see what might happen.

Well 20 was tough, but open, so a few mults got in the log....however... 40 was
a nice surprise full of loud signals.
Even though nary a jump ball was possible with the QRP...  went around calling
anything that moved. and believe me there was A LOT of MOVING going on !

Good fun .. contest was about 6 KHZ wide and full of loud fast calls...  40 was
great !   didnt even feel like I was running 5 watts at all...but sure enough
the needle on the wattmeter was barely wiggling. (and NO... i didnt have it on
SWR!!!)

Then to 80 and 160... where QRP, as NN7SS has many times noted, is a real
drag.

So slunk across the finish line with a few mults and lots of calling.

Good fun sprinting... as always.

see ya next time whatever the format is going to be.

73, or should I say, 72.....?
DanWa
K7SS

Im pretty sure NO3M was sending his exchange in RTTY... sure sounded that
fast.

Congrats to TY on a super number. Congrats to N6RO on a super mult. Congrats to
all the NSers who joined in the fray tonite. It was wild !