[3830] Rus DX W1UJ(@KB1H) SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1uj@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] Rus DX W1UJ(@KB1H) SO CW HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 07:02:42 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: W1UJ
Operator(s): W1UJ
Station: KB1H

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 21
Radios: SO2R

  160:    28             14         0
   80:   183             44        16
   40:   438             55        32
   20:   667             61        62
   15:   658             52        48
   10:
Total:  1974    0       226       158  Total Score = 4,540,416

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

A huge thanks to Dick, KB1H for the use of his great station.
Everything played really well. I had a great time.
Even provided a steak dinner that was superb.

Was originally planning a mixed mode effort until the first attempt to change
mode resulted in the computer/so2r controller locking up.  I had to reboot the
PC, which resulted in the first 30 minute break.  I took this as fate and
decided to do a CW only effort, I was having too much fun in that mode.

The conditions dried up and I decided to take a 1-hour nap early Sunday.
2 hours later...... 20m and 15m were already open.

Getscores.org was completely motivational yet again.  Competing with K1LZ and
AA3B at the start, and K1LZ moved way ahead about 1/2 way through which left
AA3B and i leap frogging each other during the low band activity.  It was a
great time working with you AA3B! Thanks for posting!  There is no doubt that
this helped motivate and stay in the chair.  I lost all hopes after my '1 Hour
Nap'. (see above.....)  Thanks to Gerry, W1VE for continuing support of this
site.

Thanks again to Dick, KB1H and The Barnstormer team.
http://qsl.net/kb1h

Thanks to the RDXC folks for hosting this awesome, and growing event.

Jay W1UJ