[3830] Rus DX N2WN SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX N2WN SO CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 15:29:05 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: N2WN
Operator(s): N2WN
Station: N2WN

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Grainger Co., TN
Operating Time (hrs): 15:26

  160:    6               3
   80:   14               4
   40:   87              30         7
   20:  249              51        40
   15:  232              41        22
   10:    4               3
Total:  592     0       132        69  Total Score = 669,531

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Conditions seemed pretty punk at my QTH. Horrible QRN on 160 & 80, 10m was poor,
bad local noise on 20 and 15 during the day (nada on Sunday, go figure). That
being said, this is my best score ever in this contest. Plenty of neat stuff to
work and plenty of good operators.

It was also nice to hear so many Japanese stations, and even work a few of
them. Says much more than the gloom and doom in the US press reports. Go JA!

This is one of those events that I wonder what folks are thinking at times.
Really, why bother resending "5NN" when someone asks for a repeat? This is a
real waste of time and makes it more difficult to get the info you need in
QSB/QRM/QRN. I had to ask for some repeats several times, the 5NN came thru
loud and clear, but the number was lost.. It's an ancient gripe hihi.

I love the new "CQ", just through your call out, let 'em guess. Of course, it's
better than no ID at all hihi.

Thanks for the patience and repeats. Good to hear and work many friends and
work some new ones.

Best wishes es 73,
Julius
n2wn

Elecraft K3/100
4 element SteppIr at 15 meters
80M Vee hung below it
40M Delta loop at about 15m
160m 72' Tee
No heliax run over 75m long, 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 inch Andrew