[3830] WPX SSB ZL3IO SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB ZL3IO SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 03:03:16 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: ZL3IO
Operator(s): ZL3IO
Station: ZL3IO

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 22

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  295
   20:  255
   15:  525
   10:  487
------------

Club:

Comments:

Another field day style operation. The inverter geno made strong noise on the
low bands which did not allow any operation on 80m or below. Even 40m had S5-6
noise but fortunately a few strong signals here as well. Sorry if I did not
hear you on 40m. I always felt like more station than I could hear called me.

10/15m were in great shape with LP openings to EU from here. On 10m EU (mainly
South West) was even louder than USA. 15m was extremely crowded and it was hard
to find Â'& fight a frequency. It must be a common rule to start calling on top
of a ZL because thos guys are on the end of the world and therefore are always
weak(???). Without getting spotted it was kind of hopeless but once noticed the
pile up's were huge.

S&P is more than hard from ZL as nobody cares about the few of us and we always
are trying to get into the side or back of a beam & pile up.
The SA stations are totally focussd on USA or EU in contests and really hard to
catch. I'm not even talking about Africa.
And guys: It is not necessary long path if we are coming into the back of your
beam! You should imagine our signals if you would turn it to us...

Thanks to all for calling and see you soon.

73 Holger