[3830] WPX SSB KL7RA M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kl7ra@ptialaska.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KL7RA M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 03:08:32 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): AL2F AL7IF KL2HF KL7RA
Station: KL7RA

Class: M/S HP
QTH: ALASKA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:    0
   80:   21
   40:  519
   20:  995
   15: 2605
   10:   70
------------

Club:

Comments:

As others mentioned this was really fun with great second day conditions for
us.
15 had excellent signals from Europe and was too much of a good thing trying
to unwind a pile with 50? calling. Once again 10 didn't produce big rates and
we need the 10 meter band to open for us as 20 and 40 is now too crowded for a

contest as popular as the WPX phone.

Using a multi-multi for multi-single gave us a lot of resources with an
excellent crew but we just didn't find any real solution to improve the score
by multiplier hunting, sweeping, etc. Rate is king and we mostly dumped points
trying anything fancy. Second op in partner mode was useful with these
excellent condition even if only to catch a busted call or number. We will be
back to M/M for the WPX in the coming years not that M/S and M2 were not fun
but the band conditions are improving and we look forward to the excitement of
all bands running rate in the WPX 2012.

No real equipment failures or problems. Food was excellent. Thanks to Kris,
Jeff and Wigi for coming up/down/over.

End of the contest season for KL7RA with 23 full time serious effort contests
mostly multi-op since Aug. Next up "Dayton".    73 Rich KL7RA