[3830] WPX SSB KP2/NE1RD SOSB10 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ne1rd@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KP2/NE1RD SOSB10 QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 03:57:59 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KP2/NE1RD
Operator(s): NE1RD
Station: KP2/NE1RD

Class: SOSB10 QRP
QTH: St. Thomas
Operating Time (hrs): 14

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:  360
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I returned to the same villa I used last year for my 15m effort (SOSB15QRP).
This year I was SOSB 10m QRP and conditions were reasonable. I did not
hear much from Europe (a disappointment) and my location has a big hill
between me and South America so North America and points West had to be
my bread-and-butter.

I built a 10m 3-element Yagi on an 8-foot boom and fed it with a length
of 9913. This is a very quiet location so most everyone was an easy copy.

I sat and called CQ most of the contest pausing only occasionally to run
up-and-down the band for S&P. My rate was about half that of last year's
15m effort (and the band closed earlier). Plus, for whatever reason, things
didn't heat up on 10m here until about mid-day. Well, I am on vacation so
that just meant extra sack time!

Near the end of the contest I worked a VK. I hope I never get so old or
jaded that I stop feeling the wonder of working somebody halfway around
the world with the power equivalent of a night light!