[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, post3832@k6vva.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 22:58:15 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - May 13

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   1      1
   80:   8      5
   40:  22     15
   20:  21     13
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  53     34  Total Score = 1,768

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Why are 95% of the NS players still apparently AFRAID to go below 14.040?  This
boggles my mind.  Same on the other bands when that #&^! digital crap is not on
038.  I've found K4BAI and K0AD frequently below 14.040 and maybe two others in
the past (BRAVO, GUYS!!!), but we are mostly back to the same old EVERYBODY
JAMMED TOGETHER CRUNCH between 040 and about 043.  Gheeeeeez ;-(

PSE-PSE-PSE......... S-P--R---E----A-----D ... O---U---T folks !!!

SO1.1R tonight and managed to pass the 50 Q mark again in spite of terrible
noisy 40m and 80m condx.  Just can't seem to get my Mult count up, however,
which is very frustrating.  160m is always a bust for me ;-(

I had a number of 'everybody-zero-beat-and-not-very-strong' caller scenarios
tonight. Always best to QSY a bit from the pack in those situations.

On the post-NS/NCCC Net, Ken/CA reported a bad SWR Murphy strike at N6RO
tonight - sorry, OM.

73 & Tnx for the Q's & Mults...

Rick ,K6VVA * The Locust
(LOCUST X-PRIZE SPONSOR)