[3830] NCCC Sprint KE3X LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenlow7@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint KE3X LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 20:46:52 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - July 15

Call: KE3X
Operator(s): KE3X
Station: KE3X

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Washington, DC
Operating Time (hrs): 0.25

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  12     8
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  12     8  Total Score = 96

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

After 6-months of work assembling parts and custom-building a roof tower, I
finally got the A3S tribander up in the air last weekend.   Tonight's
'Throwback NS' was the first chance to see how it worked.  The goal has always
been 'to win the occasional jump ball on 20-meters in the NS' to improve the
fun factor.   Here are the preliminary results:

#1 N7XU:  worked on first call
#2 N6RO:  called me for couplet
#3 K6NV:  worked on first call
#4 N6ZFO: called me for a couplet
#5 W6SX:  worked on first call
#6 NM5M:  called me for a couplet
#7 KK7S:  worked on second call (needed a repeat due to QRM)
#8 W7OM:  worked on first call
#9 KI7Y:  "
10 N3BB:  "
11 NQ6N:  "
12 AA7V:  "

So I would say the tribander experiment was a success :-)   Signal reports
welcomed!

I am about 8-months in and 90% done with my station rebuild, the end goal being
Sweepstakes in the fall.   So far the station looks like:

2x FT1000MP
2x Alphas
2x Top Ten band decoders
2x Dunestar-600 filters
Six Pak w/polyphasers
DX Doubler
All old coax tossed and replaced by RG-8 or RG-213
All old equipment sold (except for my old Digitech Concepts DR-3 DVK)
A3S tribander w/Ham IV on Rohn-25 at 40'
Full station grounding
50'x200' DC city lot

Final step is to upgrade the old 2004-era station PC.   My son Patrick (17,
K3PAL and my in-house computer guru) has recommended a HP quad core at 3.7 ghz
(suitable for the occasional game of 'Black Ops' in between contests, of
course!)

Only 20-Meters tonight.   Hope to get the 40- and 80-meter antennas back up
before the next ladder.  CQ NS!

73, Ken KE3X
(ex-WN1/WA1UUA in New Haven, CT from 1974-1980)