[3830] NAQP SSB K3FIV Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3fiv@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K3FIV Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 23:29:27 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: K3FIV
Operator(s): K3FIV
Station: K3FIV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA CM88eu
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    0     0
   80:   43    11
   40:  159    34
   20:   95    38
   15:   34    19
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  331   102  Total Score = 33,762

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team 1

Comments:

Rig: Flex-3000, 100W
Ant: 135' Carolina Windom @ 35', all bands

Fun contest overall.  The daylight hours were painful with just a wire antenna
on 15 and 20.  Activity seemed light.  There was always space somewhere, even
on 20M, which is very unusual in an SSB contest.  It seemed like a lot of the
regular contest callsigns weren't around at all.  Maybe the propagation (and my
antenna) was so poor that I just wasn't hearing much from my perch at the
Western edge of NA.  Dusk brought 40M to life, and later 80 to some extent.  I
bounced around 80/40/20 after dark, but kept coming back to 40 where runs were
pretty successful.  As the contest ended, 20 and even 15 were still open
towards Asia.

Thanks for all the Qs.

73,
/Jack de K3FIV