[3830] NA Sprint SSB KU5B(@NX5M) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, colin@ku5b.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB KU5B(@NX5M) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 18:00:07 -0700
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - September

Call: KU5B
Operator(s): KU5B
Station: NX5M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Somerville, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   38
   40:  103
   20:   84
---------------------

Club: Yegua Valley Contest Club

Team: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

Had a couple things come up so I couldn't do the CW weekend but was glad NM5M
signed me up for a SSB team.

I had the best first hour I've ever had in this and got off to a really good
start but soon started to fall behind a little bit as I lost my rhythm. Signals
to the West and Midwest on 20 were pretty good but out East were almost
non-existant until two hours in. 40 was pretty decent but there was very
limited space. Somebody just plain forgot to turn 80m on last night. I saw
KA9FOX post that people were down to 3760 and it never occured to me to check
down there. So, I probably missed some Q's there.

Otherwise, good fun and the station played flawlessly. Not a whole lot can
break with such a simple set-up.

Spent today finishing the long-awaited 160m elevated vertical (Rohn 25 and 20)
with NX5M, N5XJ, and AB5K. IT WORKS!! SWR, what SWR? Reflected power, what
reflected power? Targeted design for 1835 and got it right on the money.
Needless to say, we're a happy crew.

Glad to hear participation up a bit this time. This was my best result in the
SSB running yet.

Colin "Bob" KU5B