[3830] SAC CW PY2ZEA(@PS2T) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, py2zea@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SAC CW PY2ZEA(@PS2T) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 07:51:50 -0700
                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: PY2ZEA
Operator(s): PY2ZEA (OH2MM)
Station: PS2T

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Araraquara SP
Operating Time (hrs): 22

   80:   62    26
   40:  139    37
   20:  140    35
   15:  149    34
   10:   98    26
-------------------
Total:  588   158  Total Score = 156,420

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

Others already commented here in 3830 that SAC is almost exclusively a Search
and Pounch contest for Non-Scandinavians.
I fully agree. From the Non-Scand side, SAC is an entertaining AUDIO SHOW. One
can admire the good operators' skill to handle the pileup.
And one can give them "style points", as they do in figure skating
competitions.

My initial strategy was to call CQ SAC with Rig1 and do S&P for Scandinavians
on another band with Rig2.
Very soon I realized that CQing was very unproductive:
After a few minutes of CQing SAC, someone put me into the Cluster.
As a result, I got a pileup of Non-Scandinavians wanting to work Brazil.
Many of these Non-Scand's tried to exchange serial # with me.
Some wanted me to explain what SAC means !
And others just wanted a work DX (Brazil IS a DX!)

OK, I gave up calling CQ SAC and ended up doing S&P with both radios.
I fully used the Cluster, so I'll be in the new Assisted category.
No skimmer here yet. Skimmer in SAC would help locating those Small Pistols
never reported in the Cluster.

The station worked OK, no problems.
The propagation was OK here in deep South.
80 meters is tough from here with just an inverted V and no beverages.
I hardly realized that there was an Aurora there in the North.

PY2ZEA LOG BREAKDOWN:
     QSOs  %
     -------
OH   304  52
SM   195  33
LA    54   9
OZ    24   4
TF     6   1
OY     4  0,7
OX     1  0,2
-------------
ALL  588  100

Station description:
SO2R set-up.
Win-test version 4.7.0

Rig 1: Yaesu FT-2000 + Linear
Rig 2: Elecraft K3 + Linear

80: Inverted-V, apexed at 30 m
40: 3 el yagi (SteppIR MonstIR) at 35 m
20: 5 el monobander at 25 m
15: 6 el monobander at 27 m
10: 7 el monobander at 29 m

Many thanks to Atilano, PY5EG PP5EG PT5T, for the opportunity, once again, to
use his great PS2T station.
And many thanks to Danilo, PU2RSD, for fixing with me the various technical
problems at the station.
The station is now OK for the upcoming contest season.

73, Ville PY2ZEA OH2MM