[3830] SS CW KV8Q Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kv8q@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW KV8Q Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 08:29:40 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: KV8Q
Operator(s): KV8Q
Station: KV8Q

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  300
   40:  277
   20:  184
   15:   71
   10:    6
------------

Club: DELARA Contest Team

Comments:

Another CW Sweepstakes behind us.  I am always amazed at how many folks stop for
a second to say Hello.  Conditions were great and I found a sweep for the second
year in a row.

I put up a temporary antenna for 15/10 meters and it did actually work.  Then,
Mr. Murphy showed up and began producing a bunch of noise from the remote
antenna switch.  That made 15/10 meters useless the first afternoon for the
second radio.  With flashlight in hand, I bypassed the switch around 5:30am
Sunday morning and then was able to use 15/10 meters again Sunday.  But,
honestly, with the second radio and the ability to tune while CQ'ing on a
different band, was more of a distraction for me than a help this past weekend.
 I've got the hang of it down now.  I just need more practice at it to make it
beneficial for me.  With my elaborate antenna system - a G5RV at 45' - my main
money bands are 20/40/80 meters.  It seemed like activity was down there this
weekend.  I still felt loud and could hold my frequency - just not as many
callers it seemed.  maybe everyone was having fun with the sunspots.

No complaints about conditions.  Eighty meters was very quiet all weekend with
a nice mix of long and short skip.  My QSO total was down a bit this year; but,
the fun level was way up there.  Thanks to everyone who made this a very,
enjoyable contest.  I look forward to seeing you all agin next year.