[3830] CQWW CW C6AAW M/M LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW C6AAW M/M LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 12:40:16 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: C6AAW
Operator(s): WA6O, KE7X, N6XG, W6XR, KB7Q, K2KW
Station: C6AAW

Class: M/M LP
QTH: Bahamas
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   705    16       56
   80:   992    21       89
   40:  2927    33      112
   20:  3431    39      142
   15:  2316    36      130
   10:  2707    33      132
-------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

This was another low power Team Vertical operation from the Bahamas.  Band
conditions were good, though constant high winds and peak high tides (new moon)
did a number on the antennas during the contest.  We lost the 10m verticals, 80m
vertical, and the 160 had to be repaired a few times during the contest and we
lost a number of operating hours.  K2KW got hit by a wave and got banged up by
the coral, so he took Saturday morning off to recover.  There was a short power
outage during Sunday night.

We welcomed new members W6XR and KB7Q to Team Vertical.  With 6 ops, the
antennas went up faster than usual, but still took 4 days of dawn to dusk work
to set up.  The team had a great time, and I'm sure we set a new M/M record for
the Bahamas.  It will make great wallpaper ;-)

Equipment:  Four K3's, TS590 and TS850
Antennas:  Supplied by N6BT (www.n6bt.com)
160:  kluged 60' top loaded vertical
80:  33' top loaded vertical (full size 40 loaded on 80)
40:   2 ele 40m Bravo, fixed at 20 degs; dipole
20:  2 ele 20m verticals, fixed at 20 degs; dipole
15: 2 ele Bravo 5K, fixed at 20 degs
10:  2 ele 10m vertical
10/15:  2 ele Yagi

We ran N1MM and the network was flawless.  On Friday morning we were finally
able to get a dial up internet account working and used packet.  With only
accepting spots from the USA, it was great to have the 26K dial up account
handle the load from the USA skimmers + DX cluster.

Main ops:
160: W6XR
80: N6XG
40: WA6O
20: KB7Q
15: KE7X
10: K2KW

Paper QSL via WA4WTG, though we hope to have LOTW loaded when we get back.

Thanks for all the QSOs.  73, Kenny K2KW /C6A