[3830] ARRL 160 N0JK Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n0jk@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N0JK Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 07:54:27 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N0JK
Operator(s): N0JK
Station: N0JK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 7

Total:  QSOs = 119  Sections = 38  Countries = 1  Total Score = 13,299

Club:

Comments:

I attached a wire to the bottom of the raingutter on our single level duplex and
fed it against ground with two radials get on for the 'test. The gutter is
probably around 90 ft total length and a maximum height 10 feet. It wraps
around the duplex. Live in a C C & R neighborhood with no trees near. The
gutter was noisy on receive but seemed to get out. Surprised it had a low SWR
at 1.820 and didn't need the tuner. Made one contact, then 5, 10, 15... by 1 am
almost 100 Qs in the log running 100 watts. Most contacts were within a few
hundred miles,but some out to New York, Maryland, VE5 and even ZF2AH. Heard
PJ2T. On again early Sunday morning and made 28 more contacts. Conditions
better to the east coast, logged K8PO ME, VE2OJ QC and others. Not an antenna I
would choose if alternatives, but was able to hand out some contacts.  Jon N0JK
KS