[3830] ARRL 10 KC4HW SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kc4hw@centurytel.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 KC4HW SO SSB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 16:51:44 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KC4HW
Operator(s): KC4HW
Station: KC4HW

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5

   CW:
  SSB: 1340   120
-------------------
Total: 1340   120  Total Score = 352,320

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Thanks for all the QSOs.

Also had 64 Qs and 31 Mults on CW that I won't count, but will be in the log.
Just could not get into the CW so just went PH.

First time that I really had played this contest--work has always got in the
way of participating in this event seriously.

It was great fun and with the start up of Cycle 24, there were some really good
runs during daylight hours especially Saturday.  It did not take long for the
band to shutdown after dark.  Only worked 59 Qs on Friday night.  But Saturday
was great fun with big run to EU in the morning and a very good run to the West
Coast and ASIA in the afternoon.  Sunday morning I missed a 1.5 hours of the
prime time for EU but still managed some early on.

Was surprised to work B7P--had a huge signal!  Only worked 6 XE states.  They
were strong for the most part, but I could not find the rest or they did not
find me.  I was surprised to missed NY, NJ, CT, RI, DC, DE and MD--strange!
Also missed KY, MS and NE.  Missed Canadian Province NU.  I did manage to work
the NWT and YT but it was late in the contest.

OK, thanks for the QSOs again and it was great fun!

Jim/KC4HW