[3830] ARRL 10 K1TN SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jamesdavidcain@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K1TN SO CW HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 21:08:06 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K1TN
Operator(s): K1TN
Station: K1TN

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Wisconsin
Operating Time (hrs): 14

   CW:  679   111
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  679   111  Total Score = 301,476

Club:

Comments:

I worked hard for a while but DX conditions just weren't there. Had a real
"Black Hole" experience all weekend; the East Coast wall to EU was in full
effect for me (what Hugh Cassidy, WA6AUD, dubbed The Codfish Curtain). And the
opening to EU was short on Saturday and even shorter on Sunday. Not to mention,
the Russian border was closed -- I did not work a single Russian station! The
closest I got was one lone Estonian.

No better to Japan, either. Last week I put up a delta loop broadside on JA and
sloped, with a slapdash reflector behind it (in 20 degree F weather). My effort
was rewarded with four -- count 'em -- four JA QSOs. No UA9/0 either.

By Continent:

N America: 392 (58%)
S America: 12 (2%)
Europe: 250 (37%)
Africa: 3 (0%)
Asia: 6 (1%)
Oceania: 16 (2%)

I had no propagation to the U.S. East Coast, but great to the Left Coast.
Missed DC, DE, AR, KS, WY, ND, NWT.

I worked more stations in Spain (14) than in Texas (11). But, 87 CA, 31 AZ, 36
WA, 19 OR, and 10 BC! Wow, thanks.

Worked a few Mexican states that my old NA software didn't count.

Biggest thrill this weekend: W9RE called me!

Nobody cares but some day my biographer will want to know ... I did all six
major contests this fall and made 3540 QSOs, even including 624 between CQ SSB
and SS SSB, all with a couple of haphazard wire antennas in trees.

Elecraft K3, AL-811 amp (350 watts), 4-element Sterba curtain at 60/240 deg,
delta loop, 110-foot doublet.

Jim Cain
At The K1TN Superstation
Black Hole, Wisconsin