[3830] CQ160 CW KV4FZ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW KV4FZ Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 16:45:46 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: KV4FZ
Operator(s): KV4FZ
Station: KV4FZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: U.S. Virgin Islands
Operating Time (hrs): 22.5

Total:  QSOs = 962  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 63  Total Score = 747,372

Club:

Comments:

Missed my goal of 1000 Q's by 38 contacts.  Nice opening to Europe both nights
with quiet conditions and good rejection of constant NA CQ machine stations
that would suddenly appear on frequency.  Maybe they never heard me or the EU
pile up which was nice made possible by several NE and ENE Beverages that made
the NA QRM vanish.  No JA's, No VK's, and never got 5N7's attention.  Missed
KL7 for a single night WAS but the output of EU's made it all worth it.  many
Western EU's worked well beyond their SR and some very strong with some kind of
enhancement. During a nice EU pile up I lost about a half and hour when the VSWR
shot to 100% reflected and rather than checking in the shack first I ran outside
to the ATU at the tower and found everything in order.  Then back at the shack I
found the problem to be a new right angle elbow which I put in for appearance
sake. I should have known better as I violated one of the most important rules
of changing thing that are working well a few minutes before the contest. Or as
N6OP used to tell me "never try to change saddles in the middle of the river"! I
love this contest even knowing I can't ever compete with big guns a few hundred
miles to the south getting double points of what I get for ever W/VE they work.
 At least with working a new one (A92IO) it was worth every bit of effort as a
consummate loser.

Radio Icom 7410
Amplifier Alpha 87A
TX antenna 85 foot cage fed top loaded Rohn 45 tower
RX Antennas 13 Beverages, 4 reversible (both KD9SV WD-1A and DXE ladder line)
DXE RTR-1 TX/RX Antenna Switching
N1MM logging with Microham USBII interface