[3830] ARRLDX CW K5WA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K5WA SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 07:41:20 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K5WA
Operator(s): K5WA
Station: K5WA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 40
Radios: SO2R

  160:   36    25
   80:  116    47
   40:  589    78
   20:  676    93
   15:  755    89
   10:  169    52
-------------------
Total: 2341   384  Total Score = 2,692,224

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

When you have the first 20 hours of the contest under horrific thunderstorm QRN,
it sure puts a damper on low band operation.  I couldn't believe that the storm
cell didn't simply pass through but I had to give up on any attempt at running
since I couldn't hear anyone running less than a KW.  The second half of the
contest was a little better and I had a few runs.  The best moment was right at
the end on the contest when I was scrambling for mults and A65BP literally
popped up on my second rig RX frequency on 40M.  I wish the contest had started
that lucky.

I worked the second rig as hard as possible but my mult count was down 125 from
last year.  Of course last year I was assisted and this year not but it still
felt like a rough year when you look at the mult count.  Qs were actually up!

The station felt very solid and everything worked as it should so I'm glad to
have been in the fray.  Hey, any day with a paddle in your hand and headphones
on your ears is a good day in my book.  ;-)

Bob K5WA