[3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 21:16:44 -0800
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Feb 24

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.50

  160:   0      0
   80:  14      8
   40:   8      8
   20:  18     16
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  40     32  Total Score = 1,280

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I was so flattered to hear the name Bill tonight. When I worked N4DW immediately
on 20 I couldn't figure it out. . but then remembered a comment from Ken, KE3X.
Then had to pinch myself to make sure it wasn't an SK thing.  [Interesting
cosmology lecture at our Observatory last week might cause one to rethink SK a
bit. . . and this guy in credentialed. . PhD from Yale, and 30 years as an
astrophysicist at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory]

So I accept the gesture with thanks.. I am negotiating w/ N6WM on continuing w/
NS Ladder in a modified role. . stay tuned.  The fact is there's no groomed
successor at the moment, and we don't want to lose the contest.  So  have
devised a means to cut the workload by 50%.  One of the requirements, though,
is o have someone step up as a "guest conductor". (I would be available as
backup).  If this is all resolved, I will devised another 1-year calendar for
NSL.

Major 160 m QLF tonight  while repairing my rotor cable and adding a 100-ft
extension to it, I forgot to reconnect the remote relay for the 160m antenna,
which shares a feedline w/ the beam out on the edge of Mt. Dali-Dona.

With 20 Q's in 10 mins I was ready to clean everyone's clock. . but then 40m
forced me into a reality check.  Maybe worse up here than in Bay Area tonight
as I kept getting beat out by RO.  Not unusual, but worse tongight.

Had the pleasure of running the 3830 NS/NCCC net for a while when I
accidentally beat RO to the switch. . .but in the excitement forgot to announce
our planned dinner -- a major topic focus of the net.  So here it is . . unusual
for us mostly-vegetarians tonight. . small servings of some kind of DC (Dead
Cow, steak), pan fried first searing the sides to hold in flavor a al the Mark
Bittman technique from the NY Times. Side of steamed brocolli, mashed red
potatoes, and side of mushrooms cooked in a Petite Sirah wine with a little
butter for the steak. As noted previously, I think  we need a mandatory text
box in the 3830 form for the listing of participants' NS-night dinner, planned
or consumed.

73 Bill n6zfo