[3830] ARRL June VHF W9KVR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W9KVR Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 20:04:15 -0700
                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: W9KVR
Operator(s): W9KVR
Station: W9KVR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Illinois / EN60
Operating Time (hrs): 4

    6:  47     35
    2:
  222:
  432:
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  47     35  Total Score = 1,645

Club: Iroquois County Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

Wasn't planning on getting on air this weekend, but decided to fire up the radio
while grilling a few cows on the grill Saturday evening for dinner.  Heard WB9Z
just down the road from me and then stuck around to work a few more in TX and
New England before the cows turned to shoe leather and the wife got upset.

Snuck into the shack before church on Sunday and worked fellow EN60, N9LAH,
surprising him with my "mighty dipole" set-up.  I'll have to take him on his
over to better equip the "Ham Cave" with a dedicated 6-meter antenna.  I was
able to get back on just in time for the nice opening on 6-meters Sunday night.
 In a short order of time I was able to add 4 new states and 15 grid squares to
my overall total as propogation shifted from the Great Plains towards the New
England area.  Worked all that I could hear.  WD0T and ND0B were booming and it
was nice to add SD and ND to my 6m WAS total!  Unfortunately, I didn't get to
spend too much time operating continuously as I was also chasing my 5 year old
daughter in the yard and had the 9 month old daughter occasionally in the chair
with me playing radio!

Though it was a short time, I had a lot of fun and enjoyed the amazingly
cordial operators (a bit different than some of what I've experienced on HF).
I will definitely have to do this again...CQ VHF is just around the corner.

Working conditions:
Antenna: Alpha-Delta 10/15/20/40/80 dipole arranged as a inverted "V", peak 24
feet
Radio: Kenwood TS-480SAT (barefoot)
Logging: Ticonderoga #2 (N1MM later on)

Hope to CU during the IARU HF Championships!!

73's from the Flatlands of Illinois

-Troy W9KVR