[3830] CQWW CW VE3CR M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dferris1@cogeco.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VE3CR M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 16:38:45 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE3CR
Operator(s): VE3CR,VA3DF
Station: VE3CR

Class: M/S HP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 45

  160:   70    15       31
   80:  447    20       76
   40:  625    29      103
   20:  529    35      115
   15:  260    30      111
   10:  240    29      100
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Holy tribander Batman, was that great or what! Once again a sweet contest with
the best CW operators in the world!

Going into the contest we had plans for increasing out score from last year but
Murphy wanted to assert his powers and we ended up just short of last year but
had to take 3 hours of off time!

Conditions were not great on Friday, although 20 was open almost all night at
this qth. Come Sunday morning, we were about 100 qsos behind last year but
expected to blow that away when EU opened up on Sunday morning, then it hit the
fan! Problems with the rig interface caused us to shut down for 3 hours while we
sorted this out - looked like we would have to abandon the contest but a
complete reload of the interface software got us going again. From then on it
was a sprint to the finish, working anything that moved.

We ended up 25 K shy of last year - coulda, shoulda, woulda! But you know what,
it was fun!

Many highlights from the contest. Getting called by ZL and JA when cqing on 80
m. was a real thrill - plus working over 100 DX entities on 4 bands again was
great! Anyways, I guess we will always have a spare computer available from now
on, with all needed software...

Got to say that ending this contest on 40m. is productive but the pileups are
something else. I'm sure more skilled operators would treat this like playtime
but sometimes it can be rather stressful..

And so it ends for another year! Rather sad, but there is always the future to
look forward to....right now the future means a fantastic roast beef dinner
courtesy of VE3CR's XYL - Ms. Sheila and maybe a couple of toasts to a job well
done! Hope everyone enjoys this contest as much as we do.

One final thing, many thanks to the DX operators who travelled long distances
to activate remote locations - you guys are the best.

73 from Doug and Eric, see you next year!

Doug
VA3DF