[3830] TBDC OH0R(OH2PM) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pertti.simovaara@pp1.inet.fi
Subject: [3830] TBDC OH0R(OH2PM) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 10:05:59 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: OH0R
Operator(s): OH2PM
Station: OH0PM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KP00LJ
Operating Time (hrs): 11

Total:  QSOs = 366  Total Score = 1,489

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Stew Perry is always an exciting event. On Saturday afternoon I had to shovel a
1 meter snow bank from the entrance to get into the cabin.

This year Top Band was not in the best shape here 60 deg north.
I was just reading comments from W1UE. He reported copying best Europeans
S9+20dB. Well, here in the north we have instead of bands conditions better
cross country skiing conditions in the winter and more gnats(mosquitos) in the
summer.
In Brando, Aland Island, the  best NA signals were K3ZM, K1LZ and W1UE, none of
them was exceeding S7 mark, 6-15 dB over the noise level. Rainy weather made a
lot of static noise. My eastbound antenna was broaken, got only one JA into the
log. 5H3EE was a nice surprise.
During the weekend, after a cold period the weather turned warm and rainy.
Roads went slipery, I had to QRT after 7z and and drive to the feryy terminal
and try to get home in daylight. It took 40 mins to drive the 15 km route to
the ferry terminal, I think a char sledge had been a faster and more safe
vehicle.
Before CQWW 160 contest I need to figure out and fix the problem of the 2nd 160
antenna.
Very happy for being able to participate after afew years break in SP.
Many thanks to all who could hear me and hope see you in the next 160 contest.

Pertti, OH2PM