[3830] NAQP CW KS0MO(K0VXU) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW KS0MO(K0VXU) Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 23:05:24 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: KS0MO
Operator(s): K0VXU
Station: KS0MO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   57    29
   80:  101    41
   40:  147    44
   20:  253    50
   15:   94    29
   10:   11     8
-------------------
Total:  663   201  Total Score = 133,263

Club: KCCC

Team: KCCC

Comments:

This is one of my favorite contests.  The length is just right for my schedule.
So, for the first time in several months, I got the full alloted time in.

Well, my performance wasn't the best but it sure was fun until I went to the
low bands....the QRN was S9+20 dB on 80 and not much better on 40.  Of course,
there is always the 'operator error' thing....forgot to switch back to the 80
meter antenna after making a QSY to 160 and back.  I was getting real worried
that something had happened to the 80 meter antenna and then spotted the
problem after about 15 minutes of calling with no response.

I lost a good number of Q's when my wife asked me to gas up her car in
preparation for the big snowstorm (that never happened!).  That took away over
an hour during the mid-afternoon.  The impact to the totals on 15 and 20 was
significant.

The activity on 160 was a pleasant surprise.  Probably could have made several
more Q's there except for the QRN from the storms around.  10 Meters was a
disappointment but 15 and 20 were up to the task.

Thanks to all who gave me Q's and mults.  Somehow I missed ND and RI.  There
were several MT, ID, UT, WY stations in the test.  Strangely, I didn't work
many OH and MI stations this time.

It was good to see many of the Kansas City Contest Club participating in the
test.

73,
Russ - KS0MO (K0VXU)