[3830] ARRLDX SSB K6CSL SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6csl@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K6CSL SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 17:26:42 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K6CSL
Operator(s): K6CSL
Station: K6CSL

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: SJV
Operating Time (hrs): 28:02

  160:   0      0
   80:   0      0
   40:  13     10
   20:  22     16
   15:  34     20
   10:  19     12
-------------------
Total:  88     58  Total Score = 15,312

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

The starting Solar A Index at 27 certainly meant conditions were not going to be
good and they were not. Friday evening netted 1 QSO on 10M, 11 Q's on 15M and 9
on 20M. After dinner I made 7 Q's on 40M between 07:34Z and 10:34Z. Part of
that time was spent on a tune through 160(hoping maybe for XE, KL7 and KH6. I
also tuned through 80M and there was absolutely nothing in the General Class
portion of 80. I also tried there early Sunday morning with the same result.
Conditions on Sunday were a little better with the Solar A Index down to 12. On
Sunday I also was having problems with a new, apparent, power line noise problem
that I have never had a t this QTH before, on Sunday. It sounds like a bad
florescent lamp or possibly a lamp dimmer in a neighbors house. We have a
dozen, new neighbors, who have moved into new, rental mobile homes that the
park has put in after a mass exodus of a number of owners who either lost or
sold their homes after a series of severe space rent increases 2 years ago.
Lifestyle Properties Inc. left the vacated spaces vacant for over 2 years
before installing a number of "single wide" mobile homes that they are now
renting on Section 8 housing subsidies. So that's the story from Riverbank.
Bert, K6CSL