[3830] ARRLDX SSB N6ZZ(@N6RO) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenkeeler@jazznut.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N6ZZ(@N6RO) M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 17:27:19 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N6ZZ
Operator(s): K3EST K6AW K0UK N6BV N6RO WX5S
Station: N6RO

Class: M/M HP
QTH: OAKLEY, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Radios: SO2R

  160:   28    17
   80:  167    47
   40:  980    92
   20:  543   106
   15: 1133   109
   10:  337    59
-------------------
Total: 3188   430  Total Score = 4,026,090

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This operation was to honor the memory of N6ZZ, good friend of most of our
operating team. Thanks to N2IC, trustee of Phil's callsign, for authorizing use
of N6ZZ.

Friday night was miserable: no JAs on 10m, no EU on 80 or 160m, but 40m was ok.
 Better condx on Saturday, then back to poor on Sunday. Managed a few EU on 10m
pointing at SA. We were undermanned for a MM, as several of our usual team were
unavailable.  Glad to have K0UK join us again.

Couple of problems; persistent power line noise, and loss of rotator indication
on both 20m antennas.  RD1800s have problems with pot. drives.  I wonder if they
could be modified to use pulse counters?

CU in WPX SSB later this month. N6RO