[3830] SARTG IQ1RY M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, iw1ayd@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SARTG IQ1RY M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 13:48:40 +0000
                    SARTG WW RTTY Contest

Call: IQ1RY
Operator(s): IK1HXN IW1AYD
Station: IQ1RY

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Bra
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   80:  100   1025    35
   40:  313   3620    68
   20:  469   5840    90
   15:  304   4110    71
   10:    9    120     6
--------------------------
Total: 1195  14715   270  Total Score = 3,973,050

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

SARTG 2013 �" MO @IQ1RY op.s IK1HXN, Mario �" IW1AYD, Salvo

TU to all of you that have had fun with us!

At first, we have had some smallest numbers than in the 2011 edition when IQ1RY
was the winner for the MS cat. But the efforts this time where much more hard
and tiring than before.

We have had several fun and pleasant times, but also really boring half hours
with nobody coming in from a noisy spot. Multipliers have had even more fun
frantically spinning the VFO knob , may be it’s time to check for any worn
out. The 10m band was a nightmare … It seemed a desolated place for 23 hours.
We have had 3 QSO in almost 23 hours of contest on 10m, the last hours it seemed
to keep a new life, but it was quite a joke. Well, not that much as we enjoyed 6
more QSOs with S.A. … just those and a UA station, that we weren’t able to
catch for our log. No way to keep on the usual track, as for the Volta 2013. Oh
those ZL’s in the middle of the night!

Aerials performed quite well, surviving a wind storm just 15 days ago. Even the
same radios configuration of two radios, a K3 and a 7600, as for the VOLTA
worked very well.
Not to say that the latest K3 firmware, particularly the reshaping of the FSK
transmit envelope, it’s a “bad things”. Several peoples managed to come
more near about 5/700Hz to us. As a result they didn’t have had any
inconvenience, may we suppose. But we have suffered severe interferences each
times, as theirs signals looked and rattle sounded here much larger than the
QRGs delta between us. ;->
The 7600 even if nosiest than the K3 have done its work pushing hard to the
highest numbers, as usual.

We have had the pleasure that some exotics callsigns went on us before we could
have managed to get on theirs QRG, TU. That’s great for us starving alone
parked with the running station.  RUN was pretty boring at times. On this way
we also appreciated a lot each spot we received, it was of great relief,
;->
The RTTY skimmer network had done a pretty well work as we get those machines
spots quite automagically. Some of the spotters had a pretty well done setup
with RCK RTTY skimmer instances parked one near each other one audio channel
apart from another. The results were seen as spots coming out at the speed of
the light and often when we went RUN and even S&P with the second radio.
That system is very well working.

Great contenders pushed and urged us to do our best and we have had hard times
working, not alone, bands that sounded average at least. With the obvious
exception of the 10m band that sounded even worst - it was pretty well dead for
the whole contest. We never forget to have a check there, but no sweeties for
us. We were happy to get all those 6 S.A. stations lately but still timely. Not
so happy to have watched several green N.A. call signs parked on the band map,
we may suppose that there was a N.A. to N.A. short skip. We weren’t able to
listen any of those. May be more South than us the whole thing worked better as
we have seen from the published results. Still we enjoyed on 80m, where the K3
had literally listened every weak signal that was there, those small pennants
we have had done a good job.
Competition was strong and from everywhere, at least as we perceived from here
EU to/from EU. Some MS or SO2R had such as big and fast growing numbers. That
was urging us to work better, more and hard.  We will see how anybody had
managed to do so. This is great for the SARTG Contest Committee. We will see
their numbers with great interest, as usual.

It was a pleasure to meet each of you and to be there, particularly in this
hell-hot Italian August time. We have some photos of ourselves dressed as on a
beach, but I would seriously regret to publish those swim suits shots.  Those
are to rember us at Iq1Ry how it was the last Summer - at the ARRL Roundup
time!

Last but not least, a big  TU for the SARTG Contest Committee, now they will
have theirs hard working time for us all: TU guys.

  CUL on air for the next RTTY Contests.

                 73 de iw1ayd, Salvo (One of the IQ1RY wild bunch)

PS hope that my poor English would make all this sounding ...