[3830] NA Sprint CW N6TR HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N6TR HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2013 06:20:11 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: N6TR
Operator(s): N6TR
Station: N6TR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   78
   40:  135
   20:  127
---------------------

Club:

Team: Boring Oregon Team

Comments:

Had 90 band changes.

Seemed like there was good activity.

20 meters was fairly good as was 40 meters...  but the brakes were put on when
it came time to go to 80 meters.  It felt like I was operating 160 meters with
100 watts in the August NAQP contest.  Kept hearing the same 40 stations or so
- with occasional QSOs with stations on the east coast.  Seems local QRN was
part of the issue as stations seemed to hear me better than I was hearing them.
 This is likely the worst QSO total on 80 meters I have had from Oregon.

Heard VE7 on 40 - but couldn't connect.  Nice to work VE9, XE2, NP2 and KL7.

And of course - by having a backup amplifier ready to switch in on a moment's
notice - I had no amp issues unlike last time.

Antennas
20 - 5 Element OWA (recently reconfigured for direct feed) at 72 feet
40 - 3 Element full sized at 106 feet / 2 element wire quad + Beverages
80 - four square + Beverages

Rigs - 2X Elecraft K3 + Henry 2K3 and Alpha 77.  Viewstar PT2500A on standby.