[3830] CQWW SSB N5AW SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5aw@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N5AW SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 01:45:18 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N5AW
Operator(s): N5AW
Station: N5AW

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 42
Radios: SO2R

  160:    8     6        6
   80:   59    15       38
   40:  161    25       66
   20:  344    33      104
   15:  440    33      103
   10: 1123    33      109
------------------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

WOW! May not see conditions this good again for a long time! I had a 173 hour on
ten Saturday morning and a 127 hour on Sunday. Also the first time I have ever
gone over a thousand contacts on a single band. I often miss zone 22 in this
contest so almost fell out of my chair when VU2NSS called me on ten meters no
less! Came close but still have never worked all 40 zones in CQWW - missed zone
39 this year.

Nearby thunderstorms made 80 and 160 completely unusable for part of Sunday
evening but by about 0500 things quietened down and there was a good opening to
Europe on 80. At two AM though a nearby lightening strike prompted me to shut
down and get some needed sleep. I can't really say the static hurt the score
all that much.

Score should be a new W5 low power record. Hope it stays aoove 3 meg with the
log checking!