[3830] SS CW K4OV SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ka1arb@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K4OV SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 01:51:08 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K4OV
Operator(s): K4OV
Station: K4OV

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 17:15

------------
  160:
   80:  217
   40:  262
   20:  122
   15:   96
   10:   35
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I finally got back on the air after starting a station overhaul that's still in
progress.  With more enthusiasm than CW skills, I started off S&P until I
found my groove to CQ.  Actually, this was my first effort using the Skimmers,
so most of my S&P was really point&click.  I did confirm every call,
but almost all were clean.  What a difference from normal spots!

Usually 80m is the big band here for SS, but the high bands were hot this
weekend.  CW contesting takes intense concentrating for me, so I had to take
lots of breaks.  I wasn't paying much attention to a sweep until Sunday
afternoon, and ended up needed VT and VI to complete.  As I was running through
my skimmer spots, I worked them both with two hours to go.  I aspire to working
a sweep one day on my own - hats off to all you unassisted sweepers!