[3830] SS CW K8AZ(K8MR) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K8AZ(K8MR) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 02:26:23 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K8AZ
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8AZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 6
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:   83
   40:  214
   20:   72
   15:  127
   10:    0
------------

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

It doesn't get much better than being fresh meat from a superstation with six
hours left in CW SS. But we still had a hiccup getting going. Tom had set up
the computers but I noticed the WinTest CW messages were not sending serial
numbers. Serial numbers are not an issue in most DX contests, so had not been
needed before. It took 15 minutes to figure out the answer:
"$SERIAL". The lost time kept me from breaking the 500 QSO mark
:>(

Once going we proved K8AZ is a great DX contest station: Calling in on 15 for
the second QSO was NH2DX followed by KH6LC, for two countries, two CQ zones,
and one SS mult in the first three QSOs. No calls from K9W however.

But the rates were great to the very end. The last-10 rate meter was at 95/hr
when the clock clicked over to 0300Z. Missed: DE, ND, SK, NT.

Total for the weekend, 1805 QSOs, all sections worked at least two times. Total
of 284,234 points. Total operating time was about 23.5 hours, due to unexpected
off time at MR and AZ. And a heck of a lot of fun!