[3830] SS CW N1LN SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bemeier@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW N1LN SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 02:30:52 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 18
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  163
   40:  439
   20:  282
   15:  173
   10:   24
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Puerto Rico is usually one of the last sections to complete my sweep, so when I
found N4EEB/KP4 calling CQ and working stations to hold his frequency on 10
meters about 5 minutes before the starting gun, I stayed there.  So, my first Q
in the log and my first mult was PR. Thanks John! That was indeed the beginning
of a quick sweep.  At 0037 K2NNY called for the NNY mult and then when Claude,
VE2FK, called me at 0100 UTC with the QC mult the sweep was in the bag. Turned
out that 7030 was a great run frequency and a better mult frequency.

My next goal was to see how long I could keep my butt in the chair. As always
the goal is to work the full 24 hours.  Once again this year the clock and the
slow Sunday got the best of me.  SO2R really helped keep my busy by running S
and P on both rigs. The rate was better than running, but by the time 7 pm
local arrives, especially on a Sunday evening, my endurance was shot.  So, only
18 hours this year.  Sure would be nice if SS started around noon eastern and
ended around 5pm eastern but the PAC hams might not like that.

Thanks to everyone for the Qs, the repeats and for just being there.  Please
come back for SSB weekend.

73,
Bruce - N1LN